Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Thursdays, aka The Skyway, Drinking & Duck Dynasty Re-Runs

I never thought I would  use the term "Happy Thursday" again, ever because a) the older you get in the educational system, the more alone you are and so even if your Thursday is happy it's not like you have a friend somewhere staking out an awesome drinking place so that if you get out early you can start getting a'wasted while the sun's still up and b) my university has switched our weekly schedule system thing around (MWF/TH; MW/TH; MH/TF) so many times that I really don't want to get attached to any "day" system or have forgotten how to be attached to a "day" system thing. But. Goddamn, this week was stressful. Two mini Trig tests and one Chem long test plus new lessons in almost all my subjects. All-in-all I've had to memorize a little over 35 formulas this week.
So when I got out of Chem early, all I could think of was: thank GOD it's Thursday. Plus, I'm learning to appreciate my new route, indeed. I fucking love that I can be home in 40 minutes when it isn't rush hour. Thank you, Skyway!

Later in the afternoon, I went to the mall near my house to meet with my friend who just got back from Europe and that was lotsa fun. We hung out at San Mig and there was a show band playing really old songs--songs I haven't heard in years like Bic Runga's Sway and Leavin' On A Jet Plane. Plus, we got there in time for happy hour and so I treated myself to two rounds of Southern Comfort on the rocks and (ok, this might be a bit much but you'd do it too if you were studying how to synthesize Aniline and Trinitrotoluene all week) a pint of light beer.
And. Yeah. As soon as I got home I flipped my computer on and started watching Duck Dynasty re-runs. I thought it'd be alright to skip exercising today for the first time in almost two months because--everyone needs a break once in a while. So. Yes. Goodnight, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!