Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2013

When It Rains

    When I was younger, I used to think that I was a water faerie--so much so that my bestfriend Christine and I wrote this 100+ page "novel" about pre-teen girls who discover that they are, in fact elemental faeries (via the intervention of neopet sidekicks, mind you). While I no longer (publicly admit that I still) hold this delusion, I still do like it when it rains. I know that I complain about Taft flooding and about the hassles of stormy weather but when the sea isn't coming into the city, I actually enjoy the July gloom.
 There's something fresh about overcast, drizzly weather. And everyone on the ride home looked sleepy and relaxed--a welcome change from the usual agitated, hot mess that is the usual Monday afternoon Manila public. The rain's washed my city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!