Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2 Broke Girls: It Just Keeps Getting Better!

Alright. So I'm pretty sure that most people already know about this show and so I'm writing about this more to rave than to really "promote" it. :)) I'm the type of person who barely watches any show past the first season--especially comedies. I just find that with most comedies the jokes get old really fast (I've stopped watching Happy Endings, Portlandia and Raising Hope); it's like they start sticking to a formula of sorts with the jokes and it becomes more about pulling a funny rather than looking into people's lives. So. Yeah.

2 Broke Girls is one of the few shows that I've stuck with (along with Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23) and as I was marathon-ing this today, it hit me why: the funniness of this show comes from two things--either the ridiculousness of situations that they find themselves in or the ridiculousness of how they react to certain situations. The jokes on this show are made to enrich the plot and are made as a manifestation of the characters and their development. :)) They never say anything just so that it becomes the next thing that everyone suddenly references: like "Amah-zing" on Happy Endings and "Awesome" on How I Met Your Mother. 
Photo via IMDB

Plus I think this show just has so much chemistry--Beth Behrs and Kat Dennings are hilarious together and everyone in that diner just pulls it off so freaking well. Back when I was still part of my University folio, our editor used to tell us (she still says this but you get me) that narratives are like cooking--you have to get things just right. And that's what I think 2 Broke Girls has done; the comedy isn't too dry, isn't too slapstick, it isn't too serious but it still works in the daily struggle against poverty. 

If you guys love this show too, then let me know! :) If you haven't seen it yet, please get a'downloading and watch it form the Pilot Episode!!! And if you watched Season 1 and kinda forgot to download Season 2 (which I know happens, teeheee) then please go do it now!!!!!!!! You definitely won't be disappointed. :D Hope you're all having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. 2 Broke Girls is definitely one of my favorite shows ever! I pretty much adore Kat Dennings and how she pulls off dry humor so well.

    ~ http://dolcellita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!