My favorite make-up item is hands-down lipstick. I think it makes the major difference between a meh look and bitchin' one. It's the splash of color that every outfit could use, methinks. I bought a couple of Maybelline lipsticks over Christmas break and I thought I'd share them with you guys.
First, I got Toffee Cream which is a brown/orange/tan shade. It's a step above a neutral lip and it's definitely sunnier than what I usually go for (I'm a bruised fruit kinda girl). The color payoff of this is pretty good too--you really just have to do your lower lip. It stays on even after a cup or two of coffee, which isn't bad! I guess the thing about this is just that I'm really partial to more purple-tinged lipsticks so I've not been wearing it as much as my other lipsticks. (Also, apologies for the bad focus of the photo below, my camera was going crazy!)
This also looks pretty good with morena skin. When I was younger, I absolutely hated lipstick because there was so much pressure to wear blue-tinged pinks and those ones just look horrendous on me. But yeah, I've found that the trick to it is finding something with a hint of either brown or orange.
The second shade that I got is called Lovin' Red. It looks really crazy when it's not on, but it's actually alright. There's a hint of purple in it that tones it down a bit and keeps it from being overly bright. This has incredible staying power. I had a couple of glasses of water + 1 cup of coffee and it was still on after that. And the color payoff is amazing! You can put on just a dab of it then spread it out and it'll still look pretty amazing. This is one of those rare shades that you can wear during the day or at night and it'll look super appropriate either way.
Aaaand this is how it looks on. I think it looks really awesome with these glasses too and this was exactly how I wore it this morning, actually--along with a pale pink sweater. You can follow me on Instagram (@winawonders) to see that. Also, for those who've been asking why I haven't done an outfit post in a while, it's because a) my tripod broke and b) all my classes start at 8 in the morning this term and the lighting is just terrible at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning. I'll get back to that one of these days. For now, I hope this keeps you guys entertained. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!