Today, after waking up super late for my Lasare3 orientation (as in, three hours after it was supposed to take place), I decided to make do and spend the day writing instead. I finished up an article I was writing for a magazine of my friend's which I am helping her out with and I got started on a couple of other things as well--a couple of stories, buttons for my website's layout. I also read a lot of articles and am getting around to The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk.
Now while I love writing and I love blogging and I love the things I do, there are days when I can't help but feel like there is no one on the other end of these things--like I am writing in a vacuum. I know that isn't the case (Google Analytics and TopBlogs tell me otherwise) but there are days when it feels like that. I was watching this vlog of John Green's and he said something about the advent of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter and it's that even if you have a channel of putting information out there, nothing has essentially changed: people still don't listen. Your stories are available for everyone to read, but no one reads them. People are more concerned with looking at their own profiles. It's all so masturbatory.
And it makes me so sad. It feels so difficult to engage people in interaction or conversation. Hayyy. Writing this post is a struggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!