Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cakes & Recipes

Soooo. The thing about living in the south when your boyfriend lives up north is that most of his friends live up north and even if the party you guys are going to is happening in the evening, things like traffic and the weather will force you to be up north ridiculously early. Although in this case, I was just really, really excited to see Keavin. The party (a despedida of one friend and the birthday celebration of another) was set for six in the evening, onwards. We were at Greenhills at nine in the morning. Forget on time for tonight, I am always late for yesterday.

Eventually, Keav and I got sick of hanging out in Greenhills (a constant cycle of Krispy Kreme, Promenade, Vera Mall) so we decided to do a little wandering. We were walking around aimlessly for almost an hour just checking out different carenderias (it's fun, you should try it haha), sari-sari stores (oh look, they have Bazooka) and street food stands (wahhh no fishball) when a house with a pretty door caught my eye. Attached to the gate was a tarpaulin that said "Cakes & Recipes"--and beside the door was a flashy LED board that said the place was open. So, hungry and thirsty from all that walking we decided to give the place a looksie. And wow, did we like what we found.
 Cakes & Recipes is a homey cafe/restaurant. They serve almost everything: from rice meals to sandwiches to pasta to cake to coffee to pastries. Aside from the food being great and affordable, the ambiance is a huge part of the appeal of this place. They have wooden furniture and a breezy but just-big-enough garden area.

We decided to sit outside because the weather these past few days has been crazy cold and we just couldn't bear the thought of sitting in the air-conditioning for a couple of hours.  
We ordered a Taco Salad, drinks and Mamon. :) Elsewhere this would've cost over P300 but we only spent a total of P270. Sadly, I'm not sure what street this is on but as soon as Keav wakes up (he is currently snoozing on the couch next to me, KO-ed from a battle with thesis), I will ask him and tweet the exact street that this is on. It's really, really near Little Baguio and the Xavier/Ash Creek area though  (I hope that helps).
 We stayed there for a total of four hours (we got there at around two and left at six to head to the party) and still didn't get sick of the ambiance. :) I cannot wait to head back there and try their main courses. I'd definitely recommend you guys stop by if you guys are in the area!

3 comments:

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!