Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Relief Next to Me

I finally got myself a much-needed new pair of glasses! As I've mentioned before, my eyes have been killing me--my mother says I should a) stop reading and/or b) stop sitting in front of the computer so much but that's impossible given the nature of my "profession". Anyway. 

I usually get my glasses from Perez Optical or Sarabia Optical because I'm too lazy to go a'searching for any other place but (at my father's insistence) I went to Executive Optical today and boy, was it worth it. Ma-pride ako so I don't like admitting when I'm wrong but I was wrong to question my dad about this. They have wonderful prices and really pretty glasses. I saw a pair identical to my old glasses that cost me a leg and an arm being sold for 2,500 (half the price). HANEP. 

The doctor told me I needed big frames to keep me from getting dizzy (so the discrepancy between my peripheral vision and focus-vision isn't too big) so I decided to get these Tony Morgan ones that were for 890 only! I saw these at Sarabia last time and they were 3,500+!!! Their lenses are at a good price too--I wouldn't say cheap but they're reasonable. These ones were 1,900 for the lightweight, non-glare ones--the same ones I got for 2,800 at Sarabia Optical the last time. PLUS (and this was the deal-maker) all their glasses come with a free microfiber eyeglass cleaner. My friends who also wear glasses will be able to tell you that I have a weird (but not unwarranted) obsession with microfiber eyeglass cleaners--the clarity they offer is just so alluring to me. So yes. I am typing in this blog without a headache for the first time in over a month. YAY! Now, back to work. :))

They were also available in purple and pink but I looked at my things and god, everything I own is either purple or pink so I decided it was time to grow up.
So I got them in baby blue.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you decided to have a new pair of glasses. It looks great and it's looking pretty on you too. I can't wait for your new articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very cute with it. Great that you don't get dizzy or have headaches anymore. It really is uncomfortable to work with ill feelings.
    - Opti-Max.net

    ReplyDelete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!