Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hooked on Books: Essex County, Gone Girl & People Are Strange

A couple of months ago, I ordered some titles off of Amazon and sure it took longer than expected to get the across the ocean and sure, my wallet has been burnt to smithereens but the books are here and I'm super excited to get into them! I don't think there are a lot of things that rival the ecstasy that comes with ripping the "open here" tag off a box containing a book (in this case, three boxes and three books) that you've been waiting for for months. :)
 I decided to get a little of everything--People Are Strange by Eric Gamalinda is a collection of short fiction, Essex County by Jeff Lemire is a graphic novel and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is a novel. I'm very excited to read these because aside from Essex County these titles are mostly books by authors whose previous work (or work I've read) is different than what's here. Err. Okay. That sentence was long and winding and weird. I mean for example, I've read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, which was about a massacre and Gone Girl, while it also involves someone disappearing, deals with how a marriage crumbles. Also, I've read a couple of stories by Eric Gamalinda but mostly I've read his poems and I'm very curious about how his collected short fiction will be like. :) 
Anywho, that's it for now! Any book recommendations you guys would like to leave me? :) Comment away below! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!