Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Less then Zero (1987)

If you guys follow this blog, you'll know that I've recently re-hashed my Andrew Mc Carthy obsession (which went very backwards--as I got obsessed with older him on Lipstick Jungle a couple of years ago). I decided to download Less Than Zero because the IMDB summary looked very intriguing and it had Robert Downey, Jr. in it too--RDJ used to have drug addiction in real life and so it interested me indeed that he starred as someone with a detrimental need for cocaine early on in his career.
This was a very good movie--a bit overdone as a lot of movies that came out in the eighties are, but engaging and exciting nonetheless. This was based on a book by Bret Easton Ellis--and usually a good movie would prompt me to look for the book but I don't feel that way about this. There is something about the way this was executed--about how creepy Clay (Andrew Mc Carthy) and Blair (Jami Gertz) + Julian (Robert Downey Jr.) and Blair's relationships are and how the ending was so subtle and so sudden in its subtlety (obviously, I'm trying hard not to spoil the movie) that I don't think I could stand to have it any other way. So, yeah--racy and exciting and irritating and sad and funny, this movie is definitely a 5-star one, in my opinion. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!