Okay, so it ended after three years--and I refuse to count the post-Marissa seasons--but I'm re-watching The OC (Seasons 1-2) and fuck, this is some quality television. Yes, it was created by the same guy who created Gossip Girl (Josh Schwartz), but I'd definitely rank this waaaay higher on the TV list. The OC had everything--good acting, intriguing (not to mention well-written--for the first two seasons anyway) story lines that were less about scandal and more about the real troubles of having a lot of money (as opposed to just being afraid to lose the big money) and an excellent soundtrack.
Anyway, I recently bought a DVD box set from ruins (Seasons 1 through 3) and seeing it again after all these years just makes me marvel even more at how well they were able to flesh out the characters and at how wonderful the soundtrack is (I think this post is getting a bit redundant). This was the show on which I first found out about Rooney (I was obsessed with them for all my teenage life, so that's saying a lot) and Joseph Arthur and the Dandy Warhols. I love having a show break my heart and this does it so well. Goodnight, world! Leave me to my teaaars. :))
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!