Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Special Concert Series: Antoni Josef Inacay

As mentioned earlier, this evening was spent enjoying the classical music stylings of Mr. Antoni Josef Inacay (who I just found out also plays for Silent Sanctuary), accompanied by Ms. Mary Anne Espina on piano. See, the thing about spending an evening like this with my mother is that we are very, very similar in that traffic pisses us off and we hate that CCP cuts off your signal and that the people can be snooty and that they fucking take your camera so you can't get a shot of the people playing or of the prettiness of CCP and a billion other things. 
But once we get there we are absolutely mesmerized by the performance and forget about our need to eat which once again, makes us exceptionally cranky. :)) Sometimes I worry that my mother and I are the same person--except that she's extremely religious (and I'm extremely LOTR-ious).

Crankiness aside it was a fun night. Mr. Inacay is a wonderful cellist and Ms. Espina is excellent on the piano. She made me want to play the piano again and that is saying a lot because I studied piano for five years and the decision to stop felt pretty final to me. But yeah. I really enjoyed this concert. I was dizzy from hunger at the end of it, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. 
They played Beethoven's Sonata No. 3 in A Major Op. 69, Debussy's Sonata and Brahms' Sonata No.2 in F Major Op. 99. :) The show spanned over two hours and the thing is my mom, being her artsyfart self has brought me along to a lot of these things over the years and this is the only one where I can say that time just flew by and (if I wasn't so damn hungry) I probably wouldn't have gone home yet (but the show was finished too so I had no choice). :D Definitely go and check CCP for the list of their shows. It's around P400/ticket, if I'm not mistaken.
Another thing I love about going to these things is having late dinners in deserted places. My mom, who studied in Chicago for a bit in her youth is surprisingly, a fan of New York style pizza. Anyway--the decision was unanimous: Dear Darla with a side of chips + raspberry iced tea + pistachio ice cream (our favorite) for dessert. A pretty good evening, if I do say so meself!
Goodnight, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!