Today, my friend Joy came over and we spent the day hanging out and watching The Graduate. It was the first time for both of us to see the said film and I really, really liked it. Or, well I liked it as a whole but there were certain things about it that I just really didn't like--like, for instance I really, really hated Elaine. I see how she was endearing and all that but I was pretty upset over how she just couldn't make up her mind and it seemed like she'd be discontent no matter what happened to her. Benjamin or that annoying blonde frat boy, she'd just want what she didn't have. She was very, very beautiful though.
I found myself relating the most to Mrs. Robinson--what that says about me, I'm not sure. My favorite scene is the hotel room scene where Benjamin says he wants to talk and not just jump into bed together and she brings up the subject of art. Then Benjamin asks what about art interests her and she says nothing--it's absolutely boring. And then later on, after they talk about her family and the general situation of her life, when Benjamin asks her what her major in college was she looks away and says "art". It just broke my heart. She is crazy, yes but I feel like she is a deeply sad person and while it doesn't justify any of her actions, I guess I know what it feels like to feel selfish about someone's affections and just want to prevent anything and everything from taking it away from you.
So yeah. After watching this, Joy and I had merienda and then headed over to the Cuenca soccer field to hang out and have an Anne Bancroft-like smokey.
After Joy dropped me back off at my house, I decided to finally watch the movie rendition of One Day and I was pretty impressed. My hesitation toward watching this comes from me having read it as well as my fear of Anne Hathaway's british accent. But I think they got everything--from the treatment to Anne's accent to Jim Sturgess's a-hole charms--down pat. :) I liked this very, very much.It was done in a way that reminded me of the 90s romcoms and I love that. It was well-written, very intelligent and pretty damn funny. :D Two thumbs up.
To be honest, I've been feeling pretty melancholic lately and I'm thinking it might be the weather or PMS or just bloody circumstance but yeah. Now, more than ever I can relate to that line in this song Divided that goes, "I wanna shave my head and lay in bed. All day long."
So yeah. After watching this, Joy and I had merienda and then headed over to the Cuenca soccer field to hang out and have an Anne Bancroft-like smokey.
After Joy dropped me back off at my house, I decided to finally watch the movie rendition of One Day and I was pretty impressed. My hesitation toward watching this comes from me having read it as well as my fear of Anne Hathaway's british accent. But I think they got everything--from the treatment to Anne's accent to Jim Sturgess's a-hole charms--down pat. :) I liked this very, very much.It was done in a way that reminded me of the 90s romcoms and I love that. It was well-written, very intelligent and pretty damn funny. :D Two thumbs up.
To be honest, I've been feeling pretty melancholic lately and I'm thinking it might be the weather or PMS or just bloody circumstance but yeah. Now, more than ever I can relate to that line in this song Divided that goes, "I wanna shave my head and lay in bed. All day long."

One Day did not disappoint when I watched it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, when we had a movie marathon at Angie's place months ago, we watched The Graduate. The entire time we were yelling at Benjamin not to fall for Mrs. Robinson's traps. We were all "nooooo!!! Don't go there! You'll never get out!!" It was almost like watching a horror film. XD
YESSS :D ONE DAYYYY.
DeleteHAHAHAHA I was the opposite--I was like, "Don't fucking go on the date with Elise!!!!" HAHAHA