Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Music in the Morning | Laura Marling

A couple of years ago, my friend Angie Pablo (who should definitely start a music recommendations blog, because she is a genius at these things and has excellent taste) recommended Laura Marling to me and as soon as the first vocal line from New Romantic kicked in, I knew that I had to go download her discography. Laura Marling's voice is just incredible and her lyrics are so well thought-out. :) The sky's pretty gray today and I'm feeling very pensive so I've been listening to a lot of her music this morning.

Below are two of my favorite songs of hers although if you download her discography, I think you'll readily see (or hear, rather haha) that pretty much every track is worth a listen. :D
But my mind has fucked me over more times than any man could ever know.
Maybe I should give up, give in--give up trying to be thin. Give up and turn into my mother.

Lover, please do not fall to your knees it's not like I believe in ever-lasting love.

What've you guys/girls been listening to lately? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!