Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Introspection | Pet Peeve

As much as I like to keep things here positive, I must say (because I am human) that there are a couple of things that have been really, really getting on my nerves lately. I apologize for the rant but I just really, really need to talk about this pet peeve: people who cannot say "no". 

[Warning: This is a rant-y entry, if you want to read on, please click below; otherwise, feel free to skip on ahead to today's brighter entries. :)]


See, I'm not the type of person who asks for things a lot. Maybe it's pride or the reluctance to owe someone something but I don't usually ask for favors, so it's terrible for me when someone offers me something that I didn't ask for and then when they can't deliver, instead of saying they can't they just pretend that nothing happened. It's so irritating! For instance, I have this customer over at the store who reserved a couple of things from me--and reserved isn't the right word actually, more like asked me to buy things for him/her (I am still all for anonymity) and then poof: I now have a gajillion garments that I cannot sell to anyone else. And when asked, this person kept saying "tomorrow" and then "next week" and then, finally no reply. It's so damn annoying.

The thing is this: online shopping is a choice. No one asked you to go reserve an item online. You do that yourself. And so I just don't understand why some people just can't say "No, I can't pay for this, I won't reserve it." Or better yet, "No, I can't pay for this, I won't ask my acquaintance who owns an online store to buy these things for me." It really makes me want to tear my hair out in frustration. This person also promised me something else--to make up for the not-buying of reserved items, I'm guessing: and I don't really have the right to be upset about this, but that hasn't pulled through either and seriously, if you can't fulfill a promise then please don't make it. It surprises me, the things that people do to seem "polite" (like offering a false gesture of peace) can actually be way ruder than just risking someone being irritated at you because you couldn't pay for an item or come through with a "favor" that you volunteered. 

Uorgh. Okay. Mini-rant over. Brightside Entry coming up to compensate for all this negativity. But yeah, to that person, if you're reading this--which I doubt because if you did read my blog you would know what kind of person I am--please don't ever, ever talk to me ever again, unless it is to a.) buy those stupid things you made me buy or b.) to grovel for forgiveness. 
Muchos gracias!

2 comments:

  1. You have every right to be frustrated. I mean, hello, you're running a business. I think I heard someone say in a marketing seminar say that "utang" and "favors" (directly between consumer/customer and seller) is the cancer of any business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, though. I mean I'm a very understanding shop owner (which is why I let him reserve it for what, a month anyway) but this was pushing it too far. It really, really offended me.

      Delete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!