Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Brightside Entry | Calm the F*** Down & Carry On

I've been very on edge lately because well, class is starting and I have to adjust tomorrow--for people who don't go to DLSU this is when you line up for hours just to talk to the academic assistant who may or may not put your subjects up on your Enrollment Assessment Form. Terrible, terrible business. 

We're also coming out with our sixth collection and we're looking for new sources for our clothes and it's really been stressful for me trying to price the items and get everything organized (my room-turned-office) is a mess. Hay. Crazy.

But along with that, I've found that I just need to calm myself down and carry on. This too shall pass and all that stuff. Is anyone else on edge? I would love to hear about it. :)) But yeah, here are a couple of things that I did today to calm the fuck down and carry on. Deep breath. Whoo.


Go Offline.
I realize that going offline really helps calm me down. It's nice to take a break from the internet and do something fun like make yourself a sandwich--Queso De Bola on wheat bread for me--or go on a lunch date. :) I think that Social Media Networking can be great at keeping you updated but updates can also be stressful: a constant influx of information can make you feel overburdened and stressed out sometimes too. 

Catch Up On Reading.
I've been taking my time travelling through George R.R. Martin's third installment of A Song Of Ice & Fire and this is (in my opinion) the best I've read so far. Martin's managed to up the ante so well--there really is no telling what the hell is going to happen now. :) I also find that reading is wonderful because not only does it take your mind off of things, it puts your mind somewhere else. :D

Listen to Music & Don't Be Afraid to Dance Around
Today I danced around to The Gaslight Anthem's The '59 Sound record--I haven't listened to it all the way through in ages. I also spent a significant amount of time dancing around to some classic Rooney: I'm A Terrible Person & I'm Sorry Sorry are my favorites to dance to while Daisy Duke & Simply Because are for signing in the shower (mostly because I like making faces to this one and we have a face mirror in our shower). :))

Be Happy for People
Phillip Phillips won American Idol! :D I am super duper happy for him. Jessica was great as well but Phillip is more something that I would listen to--I love the texture of his voice. It's like downing a cold beer after being harassed on the train: gritty relief. :)

Look Forward to Days to Come
I would say "tomorrow" but it's adjustment so yeah--Saturday, more like. Hahaha I'm going out with Keavin on Saturday. Also, I'm hanging out with my favorite people tomorrow night: Outback Happy Hour (possibly) and/or catch-up-hang-out-time with Marz, Keav & Coppi in Makati tomorrow. :)

<33 That's it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!