I was a little bit reluctant to watch this series because I knew that it was created by Amy Sherman Palladino, who is the awesome woman who also created Gilmore Girls. Now, I grew up with that show--literally, I started watching it when I was 11 and I put off watching the finale until a couple of months ago because I just didn't want it to end yet (crazy, I know)--and so I was super nervous to see whether or not this new show would be as good as that or whether it would be better than that (not sure I could take it hahaha).
But yeah. I finally got up the courage to go and download the pilot episode and I am so, so, so happy! While it is created in the same sort of style as Gilmore Girls, it is extremely different from Gilmore Girls. It's good but definitely a different flavor and that allows me to love it because then it is neither being overshadowed nor overshadowing the favorite show of my adolescence.
This show is wonderful--it's well-written, it's quirky without being irritating (forgive me, readers who like New Girl but I just cannot stand that show), it's sad and it's deeply affecting. Plus, there's lots of wonderful dancing.
Image via IMDB
The cast is wonderful as well! I shan't spoil, but there are some great GG oldies on here (obviously, look at the photo) along with some other freaking awesome names--hint: if you liked Ferris Bueller, you'll probably like this. ;) I am currently downloading the entire first season! :D If you guys get around to watching this or already watch this, please let me know how you like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!