I don't think I talk about this often enough, but I have a pretty extensive(ish) collection of Live DVD concerts/documentaries. Among my favorites are the John Lennon Imagine DVD, Tegan & Sara's Get Along (which was nominated for a grammy if I'm not mistaken), The Eagles' Farewell Tour Live In Melbourne, Rooney's Spit & Sweat and most recently, Katy Perry's Part of Me.
I downloaded this the other day on my friend Ron's recommendation and all I can say is that Katy Perry and her team definitely know how to bring it. The DVD was so well paced--this had what I think makes a good music/documentary DVD and that is a just-right blend of insight into the artist's life and performance clips. If you go too far in one direction you either come off like you enjoy the sound of your voice a little too much or you bore the audience.
I haven't listened to Katy's music in a while and I'm re-enjoying them at the moment. I also now dealing with the deeply painful fact that I didn't get to see her show when she was here earlier this year. Ah, well. There's always singing along in the shower.
Surprising to find that a documentary on Katy Perry is good. I assumed it would be typical teenage trash. Pray tell of this some more. haha
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I don't think anything that Katy Perry does is "typical teenage trash"; she's an excellent musician and contrary to hipster logic, a lot of the stuff that's popular gets popular BECAUSE it's excellent. I think you should go watch it and see for yourself.
DeleteGut. I am clearly not well versed in the world of Katy Perry. Perhaps, I should also listen to her albums, yeah?
DeleteYes, please do! :D I think you might like them.
Delete