Aaaand 2013 is finally here! :D Yahoo! 2012 was pretty cool, but I'm definitely hoping 2013 will be better (isn't that always what we're thinking on New Year's eve?). 2012 was a year of beginnings and I hope 2013 will be one of follow through. This New Year's eve is the first one I'm not spending in Manila. New Year's here is very, very quiet--no fireworks, no mass, no fancy celebrations. We just had dinner and drinks and lots and lots of chitchat. I like this type of New Year very much; it's much more intimate and way more personal methinks. :)
To mark the new year, I got me some new glasses (because a girl needs to read even when dressed in purple or pink)--or rather, my sister got me new glasses. :D One pair for Christmas, the other for my birthday! And while I swore to myself in my last glasses post that I would not (as in would not) get pink glasses again, I couldn't help myself when confronted with all the pretty,shiny frames.
There's this terrific place near my sister's apartment called the Sky Optical Group and they have a wonderful selection + excellent service. Each pair takes 20 minutes to get done and the eye exam is completely electronic so they can cross check whether or not the lenses fit your eyes' needs in a jiffy.
The first pair I got has horn-rimmed frames that are a deep purple wine color (hahahaha wow that sounds pretentious but hey, it really is wine-colored) and they're ultra light frames which is a nice change from the heavy, blue Tony Morgans I usually wear. (I do hope you forgive my irritating duckface in the photo above--I was about to smile but the camera had other plans. I'd take another photo except that now I'm sleepy from all the wine and am typing in the dark.)
The other pair I got came in berry pink and are round bug-eyes. They're just adorable!!! Plus they're super duper comfy since the lenses are huge. I predict a lot of reading will be done in bed wearing these. :)
I hope everyone's having a great New Year! Happy Holidays and hellllllo 2013!!!! :D


LOL OMG THE GLASSES ARE SO ADORBS ON YOU.
ReplyDeleteWant pink one.
HAHAHAHAHA :)) So many cute frames here!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm super home sick though. :D Can't wait to get home.
Delete