Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh, Snap!

I spent a big part of today hanging out at the Snap Cafe with my sis, bro and dad. :) Snap Cafe has got to be one of my favorite places in Ho Chi Minh so far. It's a huge place and has something for everyone--a sandbox for the kids, a lounge area for the oldies but goodies and an open space (get this) trade-a-book library where you can take whatever book you want so long as you leave one in turn. We (of course) sat in the library and spent the afternoon/early evening having snacks--spring rolls + white wine + beer and chatting with the owner, Sean who was so much fun to talk to. :D 
 Of all the days I've spent here so far, this has got to be the best time I had. This might also be because I wasn't feeling so under the weather today. It might also be because I got to hoard around six books from the trade-a-book library. Crazzzzzy. I wish we had something like this back home but something tells me the books'd run out in a flash. 
 My photos of the reading area kinda suck because the light was going once my wine-buzzed mind thought of taking pictures of this beautiful area. There were so many awesome titles there! Among the books that I decided to forego ("give chance to others" the grade school teacher adage goes) were Memoirs of a Geisha, The Elephant Vanishes and The Memory Keeper's Daughter. 
 Aaaand below are the books that I just couldn't let slide--a first-edition copy of Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, The Museum of Innocents by Orhan Pamuk, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger (the Vintage edition harhar), White Teeth  by Zadie Smith and Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. :)) My bag is a couple'a ounces heavier, definitely. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're in Ho Chi Minh!? That's so awesome, because I'm half vietnamese and currently residing in Hanoi! What do you think of vietnamese food? I hope you had fun :)

    <3 Linnie,
    http://garfunkelatmidnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Yeah, my sis lives here and I'm visiting! :D Vietnamese food is wonderful!!! I am in love with the spring rolls! And wow!!!! I want to see Hanoi one day! My sister says it's beautiful. :)

      Delete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!