Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Make Up Bag Tag!

So, yesterday I was browsing through my feed and saw this post by Denise of Simone's Fashion Closet and it was just absolutely so much to read that I decided to do one of my own and tag people! :) Before we begin, I will say that I have a lot of make-up and I apologize if this post seems bitin (like it doesn't quite make sense haha) but I took the title into consideration and only decided to cover the stuff that was in my make-up bag at the moment. Hence, no eye make up (if you'd like to see that though, do leave a comment below)--I'm not fond of putting my eye make-up in my teensy make up bag because my palette is huge (Denise has the same on if you head over to her blog). So this is mostly lipstick and face products.
 Leather make-up bag. Pretty standard. Puzzle-piece design.
 My favorite lipsticks--arranged here from (L-R) the peachiest to the pinkest.

Top: Coral Rush by Natasha (great local brand, carried by Avon--this is super moisturizing and sheer and smells awesome), Toffee Dream by Maybelline (have that on today, click here to take a looksie), Flambouyant Rouge by Mac, Lovin' Red by Maybelline
Bottom: Lovin' Red by Maybelline (the same one), Plummy Yummy by Maybelline, Plink by Mac, Candy by Nichido
 I've forgotten what the last two in the line up are because (sadly) they're the two I dislike the most--they don't go on very well and are a bit too pink for me. They're carried around mostly because I have a weird habit of feeling bad for inanimate objects--I didn't want them to be left out.
 Silly, but yeah. I think I watched too much Toy Story as a kid.
 I'm definitely a Lip Balm> Lip Gloss kinda girl. Glosses are just too messy and too shiny (as my college bestfriend Cha used to say "Kumain ka ng lechon?") and I hate it when by (plentiful amounts of) hair get(s) caught in them when it's windy. Blah. Not worth the trouble, in my opinion. So yeah. I have these two from Maybelline--the berry-colored one and the Baby Lips plain one. The former was free when I bought Lovin' Red in Ho Chi Minh. :) These're awesome and smell great. 
Lastly, for my face: I have oily and pretty sensitive skin so I use this medicated powder by Shiseido which helps control oil production. I've thrown out the sponge though and apply it with a powder so it goes on very sheer. I also use Belo's SPF 40 Sunblock because I'm super paranoid about skin cancer and stuff like that, so yeah. It's great for oily skin; the formula is super light and doesn't feel (or smell) like sunblock at all. :)
Aaaand for the last (and possibly cutest/most ridiculous) thing in that bag, a pack of J&J wipes! I use these for removing my make-up because they're hypoallergenic and are super mild but get the job done. Plus I love that they're not lotion-y (unlike the make-up remover from Eskinol) so they're great for oily skin because there's no build-up; it doesn't feel like your pores are dying after you've taken your make-up off. 

And that's it for now. :) I hope you guys liked this/found this helpful for if you're looking for cosmetics  that work for the morena complexion and/or oily skin. :D Oh and I tag ALL OF YOU to do a post on What's In Your Make Up Bag! Leave your link below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!