Even if I am someone who has equated speculating the end of the world with waiting for coffee to be made (there's nothing to do but wait), I still found myself getting incredibly riled up for December 21st. I think it was my anxiety that the world would split open ala 2012 or be hit by some comet in the fashion of Seeking a Friend for the End of the World masked by my semi-rational mind (aka the skeptic's "I'd fucking hate to be wrong" last-minute th) that got me really excited for the 21st. I barely slept the evening of the 20th--even if I was dead tired because Keav and I came from a concert in QC--I found myself rattled by the irrational fear that I wouldn't wake up the next morning. But I did (like I knew I would, I'm tempted to say) and here I am. I suppose the reason why I've been off-blog for the past two days (the other day because it was the 21st, yesterday because it was the 21st on the other side of the world) was because I didn't want to say "Hey, we're still alive" too soon.
Anyway--I spent the 21st at the End of the World Lantern Festival in Daang Hari. It was a great night for sitting under the stars and drinking wine from the bottle--breezy and clear (sadly, the former made it hard to fly the lanterns but whatever). I went to last year's lantern festival thing and that was fun too but it was way nicer this year. :) The Evia football field is wider and grassier than the one in our village--less trees too--so there was more room to run and you could see the lanterns drift moonward. :) If the world had ended, I wouldn't have minded spending that split-second before we all died lighting lanterns and trying not to get burned with good friends. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!