Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Liebster Award

Awww shucks. My friend Joelle of The Meraki Life just nominated me for the Liebster Award--an online badge given to people with a) a great blog and b) less than 200 followers. This badge, more than brewing competition between bloggers actually does the opposite: it helps good blogs get on more bloggers' radars (repeat cycle about 500 times), etc. etc. 
The Rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 
11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to. 
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers of course) to 
pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award. 
5. No tag back!

Here are Joelle's questions and my answers to them:

1.If you woke up and found you were a Hollywood celebrity, what's the first thing you would do?
I would call my manager and ask him if he could arrange a meet and greet with Tegan & Sara. HAHAHAHA Because. Fan girl.


2.If at the snap of your fingers, any one of the world's problems could be solved, which problem would you choose to rid the world of? Only name one pls.
Poverty. I have a feeling that most of the world's problems would be solved if there was just enough food for everybody. I dunno. It seems logical. Hunger does crazy things to people--physically and then psychologically.

3.If Jesus appeared beside you, what's the first thing you'd say to him?
Does not going to church really make me a bad person?

4. Fave TV series at the moment?
The OC, again. :)) I was really into this series when I was younger and watching it again now makes me like it even more than I did before (if that's possible)--it's well-written, funny and has some of the best characters TV has ever seen, methinks. This goes for Seasons 1 & 2 anyway. After Season 3, it just kinda blew up--which is fine because they ended it after that anyway. :)) 

5. Fave cartoon/anime show at the moment?
Adventure Time, I guess. Although I really want to get back into watching Samurai X because I saw Rurouni Kenshin last week and I'd really love to refresh my memory. :D

6. Who's your OTP (in fiction or real life)?
At the risk of sounding like a total ditz, it'll have to be Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl. Honestly, that show's gone to shit; the first three seasons were great but I think the most recent three have overworked and strangled all the scandal out of the word scandal. But yes, I will be watching when Chuck and Blair get married. For that, I will click "Download Torrent" indeed.

7. If you had to impersonate someone for a day, who'd it be?
Like...be them for a day? Hrrrrrm. Anna Stern (alright, she's fictional but as the question set up no parameters I'm guessing that's ok), maybe? Because she is just so bad-ass. So fucking coool.

8.If you were a musical genre, what would it be?
Folk. When people think of folk music (as in The Eagles or Glen Campbell or The Pierces) they usually think of someone really happy or generally feel-good but a lot of folk is so, so, so sad. Like this song by The Coral called Liezah--it's the perfect demonstration of melancholy in folk music.

9. If I could I would dress like...?
Rumi Neely. :)) Actually, she dresses the exact opposite of how I dress but I really like her style anyway. And I figure, if you're going to dress like not-yourself, might as well be someone a) completely different from yourself and b) whose style you like even if it's completely unlike your own.

10. Bacon or potatoes?
Potatoes! :) Bacon is okay but I don't like it that much.

11. What's your favorite smell?

Taj Sunset by Escada. :)))) But other than that, like if we're talking about an organic smell probably the smell of books. Old, new--mmm.

11 things about me:
1. I really, really love The OC.
2. The only two things that truly comfort me are reading and writing--which is why my investments always go into either a) buying USBs or b) buying books.
3. I am dependent on coffee. Without it, I will be cranky. And antsy. And will not wake up properly.
4. My idea of luxury is eating ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough or pistachio almond) and reading a really long novel.
5. I like walking--I'm a very cheap date.
6. My number one pet peeve is people who append everything with "AWESOME".
7. Most of my things are pink, purple or teal.
8. When I get obsessed with a movie or a book or a show, I am relentless with my obsession--I watch it over and over and over again. For instance, I memorize all the sequences in 13 Going on 30, Sixteen Candles, Grey's Anatomy Season 1, The Princess Diaries and You've Got Mail.
9. I like walking around appliance stores and daydreaming about what I'd get my friends as gift if I won the lottery. :)) (What specs and what gadgets for which friends, etc. etc. etc.)
10. Part of me thinks that I am actually an old man. My tastes are for old people--I like Southern Comfort rum, I like listening to old songs late at night, I like smoking while listening to those songs. Wherever I live in the future, I really want/need it to have a porch.
11. I like watching movies in the theater alone sometimes. :)) There's something therapeutic about all that space and having silence for your thoughts to swim in. :D

11 Nominees: The Twisted But Delightful Mind of Ina, Alessi Likes It, Death By Association, Paste Paste, Wooden Spoons & Muffin Tops, Two Travelling Feet, Audrey's Adventures Simpliciville, Shameless Objectification + my 3 other friends with great blogs who don't want their URLs shown/tracked (SA, Vajoyjoy & Trishalooloo).

The questions that ya'll must answer:
1. What do you love most about yourself?
2. What's one song you could listen to for the rest of your life?
3. If you had the power to be anyone else in the world, who would it be?
4. If you were given 50 million bucks right now, how would you use it to better your life and the lives of others?
5. What got you started blogging?
6. Best thing that happened to you this year?
7. Worst thing that happened to you this year?
8. What is your favorite song at the moment?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. Do you like the holidays? Why?
11. If you could only have one sense (sight, touch, smell, taste, hearing) left to you which would it be and why?

1 comment:

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!