Today is me and Keav's first anniversary! :D Excuse the cheesy photograph of a yellow carnation but that is exactly how I feel today. :)) Happy and glowy and extremely predictable--I love it.
The funny thing about this thing with me and Keav is that I never saw it coming. I'm an extremely anxious person and I like to see when things are about to hit me--this also means that I rarely open myself up to the possibility of things like "real love" because I don't like feeling unnerved. In fact, I can count the numbers of times that I've allowed myself (or had no choice but) to be put on edge by a person's existence on one hand and all of those instances now exist on a plane that seems separate from myself because I've burned those bridges (and burnt them badly). To be honest, a year ago when we went on our first date I was expecting to meet a predictable boy who played video games and who liked to smoke and who thought he had the best opinions on political progress and quite frankly, who liked to fool around (because a woman has needs, ya know).
But instead I met Keavin--and we spent around three hours sitting at a Japanese cafe drinking coffee and talking and talking and dancing the macarena and before we knew it, we were hanging out every weekend.
Things are never completely easy, I guess--it takes effort for us to go and see each other because we have a whole highway and then some between us--but if there's anything I've learned it's that being with someone and talking to someone is the easy part and it's the external factors that're going to give you a hard time. And there is nothing more effortless in my opinion that hanging out with this crazy man. :)
To the people who read this, forgive the flinch-inducing cheesy romantic-y internet PDA, I can't help the happy oozing out of me and onto the keyboard. To Keavin, I love you and see you later! :)
:) happy 1st
ReplyDeleteHEEHEEEHEEEE
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary guise!
You guys are so cute. Happy anniversary to you both! :D
ReplyDelete