I thought I'd share a couple of additions to my reading list, since it's been a while since I've done a book post. :) This past week, I got two books that I'm extremely, extremely excited about!
The first is John Green's The Fault In Our Stars--my friend Joelle's been telling me to read this for months now, but it sold out in most bookstores and almost sold out again. Luckily, I was able to call in and reserve a copy. I'm reading this now and it's pretty good so far. :) Very funny but also very serious; it's able to make me laugh without scrimping on any of the details of sadness--if that makes sense.
The second book I got is White Oleander by Janet Fitch. I bought this from my friend Christa, who is selling a couple of her books and the price on it was crazy cheap: P50 bucks. She got it from Booksale at P70 so this wasn't just a bargain it was a bargain bargain. I started this but I want to focus so I'll read it after TFIOS. Another thing I love about this is that Christa covers her books with plastic wrap--something I want to do, but never get around to doing--and it just made me feel extremely nostalgic about the days when wrapping my books up was something that you just had to do, no questions asked. :D
FEELINGS FOR HAZEL GRACE AND AUGUSTUS.
ReplyDeleteA love story with one foot constantly on the grave.
Can I just CRY.
:( This is so fucking sad. I spent three hours today (my last class was free cut) lugging this book around and crying. If there's anything about John Green I love, it's that he can write amazingly sad shit even if he acts all happy in his vlogs. My hero. xD
Delete