Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Specs!

After a bajillion preliminary layout experiments, I'm officially announcing a couple of things, re: Paperweight. Experimenting with the layout allowed me to decide a couple of things like the cut of the book and the book paper and typeface size. These decisions seem very nittygritty and trivial but they really affect the overall feel of the book--from the illustrations to the pricing to whether or not you can fit it in your bag and bring it around with you; it even affects whether or not this is something that can fit on your shelf, if you think about it. :)
I originally wanted it to be square-cut just because square cuts are so pretty, but I realized four layout experiments later that it's also a lot of unused space and way more expensive than I'd like to sell it for. :) I'd like the book to be as affordable as we can have it be, for pretty awesome print quality. So instead, we're going for 6x9 (standard book size) and we're coming out with three different editions, so that it's easy for pretty much everyone, anywhere to get their hands on a copy.

1. International Hard-Bound Edition
This is going to go for $23.95 a copy. It comes with a dust jacket, a colored cover + colored illustrations and a couple of bonus stories (that aren't small fiction), so it'll definitely be worth it if you decide to buy it. :)

2. International Softbound Edition
This will be priced at $8.95 a copy. This will come with the colored cover and illustrations too but without the bonus stories. Since it's going for less than half of the hard bound edition's price, it's physically (not to mention financially) impossible for us to include those stories here without hiking the price up which we definitely don't want to do. :D

3. Local Edition
We're going to be selling this at P89.00 (start saving up if you have to) during the launch (details of that will be announced soon!) and for P139 online (website announced soon!), afterwards. It'll feature the same colored cover as the international edition, but with different illustrations; these'll be black and white since we're producing this independently and don't quite have the same liberties as we do with the internationally produced edition. But all the work will be the same and of the same quality as the international copies (while it took a lot of paring down--changes in typeface sizes, etc.--I have made sure we have good paper for this). 
I just got the quotation back and have agreed to print Paperweight under the best printing company in town (thank you to Mr. Paul Delos Angeles for putting so much love into the printing of these efforts of ours). They also printed our first EM issue (you can check out how to buy that here) and Trizh's Impulse Overdrive.
 We'll have the cover out by mid-November, and are currently in the process of finalizing the work. :) I just got a couple of the preliminary comments on the manuscript back from Akire a few days ago and have already begun revising. Can't wait! :D More announcements soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see this. :D

    It's always been my dream to write my own book and to see a friend of mine do it is just wow~ :3

    Count me in for a copy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH, I found it. :))

    I'm excited for you and excited to read! I'll be checking in once and a while to know when and where the launch is. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA YAYYY :)) And yeah I'll definitely announce it on here soon!

      Delete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!