So, project Sugar, Spell It Out is definitely underway. As mentioned earlier, that is a tentative title. :)) This week's been all about scheduling logistics--we've got Trizh on as illustrator and very recently my friend Akire on as reader/editor. Also, we're getting the prices in order and estimating everything so yeah. I'm both excited, exhausted and so nervous I kind of just want to die. But yeah. No. Okay, no I don't want to die. Anywayyyy. I decided to cut and paste some calendar pages onto my journal, just to help remind me what day it is and get organized.
I must first and foremost say, that I am terrible with logistics and these things. I'm the kind of person who is an extreme control freak (aha! yet another probable reason as to why I find writing so enjoyable) and so I am not fit to manage anyone except myself--and in cases like this, not even myself. But you know, I don't really have a choice. Me and myself have been together since we were born, so yeah. I just came up with a tentative calendar for everything and already, we're revising it. Ahhh, mmmm exciting. Is that the smell of unpredictable crazy? Yes, yes it is.
I'm devoting tomorrow to working on more of the small stories that are going to be in SSPIO and I'm also including a couple that have been published in other little efforts before. Like Fuck Geography (previously out-ed in EM Mag) is definitely going to be part of it so yeah--while the other pieces don't contain a lot of profanity or aren't quite as sensual as this, I think the general feel or tone is set by this work. So yeah! :D Tell me what you think of that in the comments below or on the writing page, if you'd like. (Also, posting up a new work tomorrow--watch out for that!)
I'm also the kind of person who likes to document things--both for purposes of sentimentality and proof that something happened. Sometimes, you forget things without meaning to and so it's important to remind yourself that this happened and you felt this way. :) Above, you can see bus tickets from me and Keav's trip around Metro Manila last week. From Alabang, I met up with him in Santolan and then we went to Taft, where he waited for me after my test.
I'm also a firm believer in documenting both good things and bad things--only pick one and that's the end of you. You either get depressed or become extremely sentimental and annoyingly naive (by you I mean me). Below, is a bit written last week. It reads, "Despite the fuckery that was the Chem final test, I had a great time today. Keav and I hung out in Taft and spent the day goofing off. I love days like this...and I can't quite pinpoint what was so wonderful and that makes it even better because I suppose the only really awesome thing about this mundane day was that I was with him. So much love."
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!