Hi, everyone! :) Today, I have another exciting announcement to make and that is the international release of Paperweight is going to be under Blurb, the same publisher/bookstore/manufacturer as Phil Kaye's book, A Light Bulb Symphony. The hard-bound copies are going to be around $10.99 and the soft-bound ones around half that, depending on the direction we decide to go in with the illustrations. :D We're targeting January 2013 for the international release so if you're not from the Philippines and you'd like a copy of my book then it'll be available on Blurb before you know it. :) For the wonderful people who are from the Philippines, you'll have to wait a bit longer but it'll be worth the wait because it'll be way cheaper and will come with a lot of fun freebies.
Also, speaking of Phil Kaye's book, it came in the mail from Blurb today and I was uber excited a) because I'm a huge fan of Phil's and b) because I get to see the awesome packaging care that Blurb puts into their books. :) Cannot wait for January!
I'm already half-way through Phil Kaye's book and his poems are wonderful. They're funny but pack an emotional punch. Funny and sad are a lethal combination, don't you think? The poem Funerals Are Like Birthday Parties made me tear up a little. Wonderful work. It makes me feel even more crazy excited for Paperweights to be part of Blurb's books. :)
More updates soon! Also, to those who want to buy Phil Kaye's book, you can go check out his website--there's a link to the store there. :D
Can I borrow ze Phil Kaye book sometime? :D
ReplyDeleteSure :)
Delete