So. My labors for the past year have semi-payed off. :) The coming out process (haha) of this project is still in the works, yes but there is enough material and shiz for me to be making these mini-announcements about it. Note that when it comes to these things, I'm amazingly (because I'm typically, so shameless) shy so bear with all my meandering.
The project is a book of small fictions--not flash fiction(lord, please no), and not prose poetry (which I enjoy thoroughly, for the most part) but seven small, complete works of fiction. As for the release of these things, it's too early to name any names, but it'll be available internationally in January 2013 and will be launched locally this coming March. I'll let you all know where and when you can a copy and will be posting updates as we go through this book process. I've gotten my friend Trizha Ko on board as illustrator and my friend Erika Carreon (sometimes referred to here as Akire) as editor and I'm extremely excited about getting to work with people I trust and whose work I love as well. :) And yeah.
This is an alternative/independent effort (at least locally and initially) and so we get to keep the rights, which I'm really, really happy about because it means there are infinite possibilities for publishing under a major house later on (fingers crossed). It also allows us to profit and do something with regard to getting work out there. :) And, yes--that's all I'll say for now.
These two here are my favorite pieces, so far. They were also the ones that gave me a headache, so you know--maybe it is true what people say about love and hate being the same thing. :))
I is looking forward to buying your boooook. EGGZITED.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Joelle! :) I am eggzited for your art cards. HWEEHWEEHWEE *secretive giggle*
DeleteTHIS I am excited to read! :D
ReplyDeleteAlessi you so sweet! :D :)
ReplyDelete