Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good Food

It feels odd typing out that title without the "Brightside Entry" right before it, but ah, what the hell--there's a first time for everything. Today, I was browsing through my Facebook feed and I stumbled across my BFF Cha's food blog, This Is Why You're Fat (check it out, it is worth it). This made me extremely nostalgic for a) Cha's company--ever since we met during that first day in college, we've been really, really great friends and one of the things we loved to do together was eat; we used to go on McDo dates after class back when we were freshmen and the only place to hangout was the McDo on Taft and b) for good food with good company. 

Lately, I realize that I've been eating alone a lot, mostly by choice. As I've grown older, my tolerance for painfully polite hangouts has decreased tremendously and I find I'd rather be alone than hang out with people whose company I don't enjoy. And yeah--seeing Cha's blog really made me miss those fun meals with great people. It also made me think back on this day and I spent lunch hour over at my friend Ron's place because (foreshadowing of events, anyone) I didn't feel like eating by myself today. So, yeah! Here's to good food!
I thought I'd share this little bit with you--(I think I mentioned this in yesterday's outfit post) I went out with Keav yesterday and we hung out Greenbelt; Cafe Mary Grace is just about my favorite place to eat so yeah. I had their creamy mushroom herb pasta and whew, it was delicious. I think that definitely proved the power of good food just because Keav was pretty late and I was getting a bit hot-headed but after this, I didn't feel too bad about it. Hahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!