Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

July 2013 Favorites

Soooo I know I didn't do a favorites post for June and May, mostly because a lot of the products I was using last month were either already old products or stuff I'd just started trying but I'll try to be more consistent with this, from here on in. I like doing these posts mostly because I do use a lot of cosmetics and if I don't write about it then it seems kind of like a huge waste of knowledge I could otherwise be sharing with the collective cosmetic unconscious.
 
I tried a lot of face products last month because I'm always on the hunt for good, non-sticky/non-greasy face products that either will help improve the over-all health of my skin or at least not damage it. First off is the Lancome Pure Focus Moisturizer for Oily Skin. This is hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used. (Shout out to my sis-in-law Ate Audrey who gave it to me!) It really sinks into your skin and leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky without having it feel greasy. It gets the job done and it works really well under make-up because it keeps your pores from clogging without leaving your skin feeling dry or flaky. :)
 Next is the Ever Bilena Advance Perfect Concealer. Okay. This is probably the best value for money product, ever. EB is impressing me more and more, these days: this concealer is perfect. It stays on all day, it doesn't clog your pores, it doesn't cake or make you get those weird lines under your eyes and it gets the job done. Dark circles, blemishes: BAM, concealed like a mofo! I like it way better than other more expensive concealers I've tried like the Cinema Secrets one or the Collection Last Perfection one. :)
 It's been raining like crazy lately but it's also been insanely humid, so I've refrained from using any muskier or heavier fragrances. I've been using Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh because it's light and stays on for a pretty long time (although not "all day" by any means). I could sniff this shiz forever.
 I don't think I've mentioned it on here, ever (mostly because I'm also a little embarrassed by this) but I'm a huge lipstick junkie. Lip things (although I must say, lipsticks in particular) are definitely my favorite make up bits. This month, I've been a lovin' the Pure Gloss lipgloss from Collection. I have the one in the color Lollipop and I love, love, love it. Of all lip products (balms, glosses, glasses, sheens, sticks, liquid lipsticks, tints) lipglosses are probably my least favorite. I don't like how they get all sticky and bothersome--mleh. That being said, this is one of the few glosses that don't do that. It's a really pretty, sheer pink color and it isn't sticky or too much. It sinks into the skin but still gives your lips a noticeable little lift and (obviously) gloss. :) This was P169 at the Metro Department Store.

Next are two lipsticks from Avon's new collection (click here to see the TVC--Avon names their collections and lines with really not catchy names--aka Ultra SomethingSomething and Ultimate Something--which doesn't bother me too much but they're just so difficult to remember!). I have them in the shade Crush (left) and Hot Pink (right). Beautiful!!!! I love how they go on (the formulation) and I love how they look on the skin. I had some of their Totally Kissable lipsticks too, but I found that while those felt moisturizing, the pigment just sort of sat on top of the lips and got really drying throughout the day. These don't do that and have a lot better (in my opinion) shades than he last collection. These go for P249 each. :)
 Aaaand, that's it for this month! :) Tell me how you guys like this post (either here on Twitter or message me or whatever--ya'll know where to reach me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!