Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Book Haul: Earthsea!

A couple of months ago, I was in Powerbooks looking at the sale bin and I happened upon a copy of The Tombs of Atuan, the second book in the Earthsea series. My friend Akire told me about these books and I was so intrigued; I really wanted to buy the first one but that wasn't available so I thought I'd pick up the second one since it was on sale--no harm done.
I wanted to start reading it then and there since Akire told me about the sequence/structure of the stories--these happen at separate times so you can understand the second book pretty well without having read the first one. But, yeah. I never got around to reading past the first ten pages of The Tombs of Atuan because I was scared that if I finished it, I'd be extremely torn between picking up the third book or the first book.

And boy, am I glad that I didn't get very far because while I was in Powerbooks today I dug through the first few layers of the bargain bin and BOOM! There it was, for P50: A Wizard of Earthsea! I'm extremely excited to read these and I've been craving for some SciFi/Fantasy because pre-Christmas, I'd been reading a lot of very nitty-gritty, mundane stories and while I love those, I love fantasy as well and have been a'missing it so. :)

2 comments:

  1. nice new header! and wow php50 for a book?? steal!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ava! :D And IKR!!! Super duper amazing bargain!

      Delete

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!