Well, okay--give or take a month. Last year, at 11.11.11 a spur-of-the-moment lantern festival was put together by a friend (originally as a response to the lantern letting-go thang event in Makati) and it turned into this huge, huge thing and ended up being the only lantern festival that night because the one in Makati was cancelled. Anywho, because we are sentimental and loved Tangled me and my friends went and drank wine (Marz actually vomited) and smoked cigarettes and lit our lanterns and made wishes. :)) And now, a year later I got the invite from Giselle (said superwoman who organized the lantern festival) to this year's celebration--it's happening on the 21st as a surviving (or if it happens, then you know actual) D-Day celebration thing. I'm very, very excited. :) This time, I will actually bring a camera. I think the picture below was taken by my friend Angie last year.
Last year, I wished for a friend of mine (yes, male--yes, tortured) to be happy. He was the kind of person who could torture himself about the smallest thing for years--stubborn as stone (have I given myself away?), that asshole. And I'm telling ya'll this because I already know that this probably won't come true (for instance, his status message post-event was "11.11.11 is a lie" so err...yeah). I'm not sure it matters if the wishes come true but I am sure that it matters to wish the best for someone--or for yourself.
I wonder what I'll wish for this year. Although it'll probably be that the world won't end.

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!