Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ho Chi Minh, Day 2: 7th Heaven Designs!

My sister should seriously put up a travel or style blog. After having coffee at L'USINE, we headed to a couple of design houses in the same building complex. We went to Thuy Designs, which features very concept-based pieces and a lot of intricate, avant-garde items. Unfortunately, no picture-taking was allowed inside that boutique, so I won't be doing a full-length post on that. They had great stuff, but I suppose they were more things you'd wear to a special event than something you could throw on for say, a book launch--which is what I was looking for, basically. ;)

The other place we visited was 7th Heaven, which definitely felt more personal. In fact, shopping there was a very personal experience indeed. The designer, Anh Dang was super friendly and I definitely liked that she manned the store herself (not without help, of course). I find that in the fashion industry it's rare to find someone who is willing to take the time out to engage in actual conversation. She also had amazing pieces that featured stellar patterns (literally, in the case of one of the dresses I tried on).
 And so I did manage to walk away with something that I'm going to wear at the Paperweight launch--the magenta-and-green dress in the photo above (third from the right) is now hanging in my room. I'll do a full-on post when the time comes. :) 
 They also have great jewelry, although these pieces are a bit pricier than the clothing, if you're looking at value for money. The dress I got went for about 1 million VND (2,000 Pesos) and these earrings go for about 300,000-500,000 VND (600-1000), so I didn't get any of the accessories although if I had the money, they'd be great to have on hand. :)

As we were leaving, I noticed that the foyer was dressed up in the funniest way--Anh does a different theme every season and when we were there, it was still set up for Halloween; she put up photos of different witches and had them labeled in the silliest, truest ways. The Halliwell sisters from Charmed were labeled "Hottest Witches" while Hermione Granger had "Smartest Witch" attributed to her. :)) Very clever, indeed. 

I've checked online and couldn't find the 7th Heaven website, but if you guys are interested in heading over there, they're located at 151/6 Dong Khoi Street, 2nd Floor, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!