Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Glass Half-What

So, yesterday right after posting up my outfit post my older brother and my mom got home from the doctor's office--and I was informed that I'd be on hospital duty again (this happens often as a result of being the youngest in a family with hooj age gaps and is why I'm convinced you don't need to be a doctor to help people out) ; my brother is currently suffering from an unknown infection and we're indefinitely hanging out at Asian Hospital aka my second home again. Last night, before I went to bed I was thinking about how happy I am that a) I've always felt at home at hospitals; I sleep better here and just generally feel better here and that b) I snapped this photo of a half-empty/half-full glass which is the only visual that I think encapsulates what I've been feeling these past 24 hours. I've been thinking about that analogy a lot too: about how the way you think of a glass as half-whatever is supposed to be an indication of optimism/pessimism and I guess the thing is that a glass is never just half-full or half-empty, it's always both half-full and half-empty. Those two things just mean the same thing, so I've decided to stop trying to choose between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!