Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

An Origin Story

So, I understand this isn't exactly music but I find that good spoken word usually has the same soothing effect on me. This is one from Sarah Kay & Phil Kaye--the founders of Project VOICE and two of my favorite spoken word poets. Their pieces are simple and are about a lot of everyday things but I find that because of that simplicity, their work hits home way more than sociopolitical things that I just can't seem to buy into. 
What I love about this piece is that it's about friendship and how friendships are so rare to find, really. Plus, the story of how these two met is really just crazy adorable. :)) Have a good morning! TGIF, everyone!

2 comments:

If you want to share your thoughts, go ahead. :) Anonymous commenting enabled. Just click "comment as" below to leave your details (no Blogger account needed :D) & as soon as I read your comment, it'll be up and running. Thanks for dropping by!